290 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
- Powerful Engine/Output: the WGen 7500 is run by a powerful and rugged 420cc 4-stroke OHV Westinghouse engine that delivers 7,500 Watts of rated power. This should be sufficient power for most uses. As a home back-up power it can run 2 refrigerators, a freezer, gas-heater, two sump pumps, lights, phones, a router, a computer and a TV simultaneously – all the conveniences that define modern living.
- Push Button and Remote Starting: if tugging on a recoil start is not your thing, the WGen7500 is designed for maximum convenience with a simple push button start and stop. This is complemented by a wireless remote key fob which lets you start and stop the WGen 7500 without leaving your couch. It also has an onboard battery charger that keeps your battery always charged so that your generator will always start up whenever needed.
- Transfer Switch Ready: the WGen7500 portable generator conveniently offers 2 x 120V 20A (5-20R) and 1 x L14-30 30A 120/240V twist-lock outlet that makes it easy for you to connect your generator and readily power your home through a transfer switch.
- Excellent Fuel Efficiency: the innovative overhead valve technology makes the engine run more efficiently. The generator can run on a single tank of 6.6-gallon fuel for 14-hours at 50% load. Now this is a great feature to have during power outages due to natural disasters where gas might not readily be accessible.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to assemble and use
- Excellent Value
- Excellent fuel efficiency
- Durable and easy to maintain
- 3-year Warranty and Excellent Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant
- Not so quiet
What People Who Bought The Westinghouse WGen7500 Love About It
“I am greatly pleased with this generator! Assembly was easy and quick. I put on the feet and handles, filled the oil and gas, connected the battery, hit start and I was off and running. I chose to leave the battery disconnected while storing but then decided to take it into the woods to run a miter saw and framing nailer while building a treehouse because, well, I’ve got a generator now and why not! One pull and it fired right up! The equipment ran without any problems. The only reason I didn’t rate it 5 stars is the handles. They are very good if you’re just lifting and pulling. They get flimsy when trying to move left and right, especially if you’re pulling through grass. But this is rather insignificant. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. You will not be disappointed.”
“After checking out Portable Generator models from Generac, Honeywell, TroyBilt and Westinghouse – I chose this Westinghouse portable generator. I received it yesterday and it was very easy to setup. It comes with everything you need except the first tank of gas. I had the wheels, handles and base stand assembled in 10 minutes. I put in the oil added a couple gallons of gas and after connecting the battery terminal, fired it up. It started in approximately 2 to 3 seconds and the electric start is such a great option. Overall, I am pleased with the ease of use and it is very easy to move and it stores well. I will try to provide an update in a few weeks after using and applying a load a couple times.”
“I have been researching portable generators for a long time. I was really set on spending a couple thousand dollars on an industrial generator until I read several different websites reviews and Amazon reviews on this generator. My order arrived well protected in a sturdy box. It took about 20 minutes to set it up and put it in working order. I broke in the engine and generator with no and light loads for 1 hour. For the second hour I attached it too my camper. Turned the air conditioner, lights, fridge, microwave and ran the coffee maker. This generator didn’t sound like it had a load at all. Eventually I will attach this through the breaker box to the house. The quality and the finishing look good. I would buy again and recommend too to a friend.”
|Engine Type OHV:||4-Stroke OHV|
|Peak Amps:||20 amps|
|Running Amps:||30 amps|
|Outlet||Four GFCI 5-20R 20A 120V Outlets; One L14-30 30A 120/240V|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) :||No|
|Starting System:||Electric with Remote Key Fob|
|Engine Displacement:||420 cc|
|Low Oil Shutdown:||Yes|
|Fuel Shut Off:||Automatic|
|Fuel Tank Material:||Steel|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||6.6 gal.|
|Run Time at 50% Load:||10 hrs.|
|Gasoline Fuel Gauge:||Yes|
|Transfer Switch Ready:||Yes|
|Overload Protection (circuit breaker):||Yes|
|Wheel Kit Included :||Yes|
|Emissions:||EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant|
|Canada CSA Compliant:||Yes|
|Warranty:||3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support|
|Length:||27.3 in (693.42mm)|
|Width:||26.2 (665.48 mm)|
|Height:||26.2 in (665.48 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||201 lbs (91 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||207 lbs (94 kg)|
Best suited for…
The WGen7500 can be used as an emergency power back-up for homes, for camping, and for offsite jobsites.
Reasons to buy
This generator produces sufficient power to run almost all your appliances simultaneously and for a long time. This will really come in handy during an emergency allowing your household to live uninterrupted. It is also priced lower than comparable portable generators like the Champion 7500-watt Portable Generator.
The WGen7500 bears the mark of the trusted Westinghouse brand – powerful, durable, efficient, easy-to-use and sturdy. It will be difficult to get another portable generator in its class that offers such great value for money.