Wen has been developing and distributing high quality and affordable power tools for many years. Founded by Nick Anton back in 1951, WEN made its name by helping bring tools and electricity together (putting the power into power tools). You can check out our WEN Generator Review.
Their research and development team played an essential role in assisting to develop a variety of common everyday tools including:
- the chainsaw,
- the electric soldering gun,
- the electric jigsaw,
- the electric engraver,
- and the knife and damp wheel sharpeners.
WEN even pioneered random orbital technology; the technology observed in most polishers, waxers, and buffers today that gives vehicles everywhere the streak-free shine they deserve.
Since that time, WEN expertise has extended to include a large variety of products including:
- drill presses,
- tool boxes,
- bench grinders,
- miter saws,
- hand tools,
- air compressors
- and of course power generators.
By 2001, just 50 years after beginning, Wen had already sold over 50 million consumer units. WEN is headquartered in Elgin, Illinois.
Their inverter models produce clean and quiet portable power, free of voltage spikes which makes them perfect for powering sensitive electronic devices and appliances with inbuilt microprocessors.
In addition, they are quieter than the regular generator with a noise level of 57decibels at quarter load – about the same noise level of a normal conversation. This makes them less invasive and therefore perfect for hunting, camping, tailgating and any other application where unobtrusive operation is paramount.
When the output power isn’t up to the required rating to meet additional power needs, WEN inverter generators are designed to be linked up using a parallel kit for double the power.
Other advanced features which make the WEN range of inverter generators a very attractive option include:
- two three-prong 120V receptacles, one AC 120V 30A RV plug, one 12V DC receptacle, and two 5V USB ports.
- Eco-Mode which automatically adjusts fuel consumption as the unit is loaded or unloaded for maximum fuel economy.
- Low-oil and low-fuel automatic shutdown with indicator lights to protect the generator’s engine
- overload protection to keep your electronics safe
The WEN conventional portable power generators are generally larger than their inverter cousins and generally, produce more power. Designed as reliable sources of clean power, they can be found powering campers, RVs, power tools and homes during emergency power outages.
The larger models come equipped with wheel kits and handles to enhance portability. There are also electric start models for those who find pulling on the recoil start a chore. The generators also have stable output power with 5% total harmonic distortion, making them ideal for your electronic devices.
Comprehensive safety features are a standard including:
- forced air cooling system,
- automatic voltage regulator,
- and a low-oil shutoff to safeguard the unit from damage.
All WEN products are backed by a 2-year warranty, a friendly customer helpdesk, and a nationwide network of skilled service technicians. To their credit, many of their models – inverter and conventional – are EPA and CARB compliant. They also have dual fuel models capable of running on propane and gas.
700 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
- Provides clean and safe energy devoid of harmful fluctuations.
- Super-quiet operation.
- Enhanced Fuel efficiency.
- Lightweight and ultra-portable.
- Low-oil and low-fuel automatic shutdown
- Excellent customer support.
- CARB compliant
- Difficult to refill engine oil.