Since 1886, Westinghouse has been pioneering advancement in electric power solutions. Founded by George Westinghouse in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, the company was responsible for developing most of the early electrical installations across the USA. Westinghouse engineers and scientists were granted over 28,000 US government patents in the 20th century.
For over 130 years, Westinghouse has consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and excellent customer service. The winning combination of ground-breaking technology and rock-solid reliability has made the brand one of the world’s most trusted and a household name.
From intelligent heating and cooling systems that are aware of their surroundings to a new line of smart power digital inverters and open frame generators with WIFI control from mobile devices to high-definition TVs that are setting new benchmarks for price and performance, the firm is constantly developing innovating products and putting them through rigorous training to ensure dependability.
Backed with over a hundred years’ experience in power generation, Westinghouse released their first line of portable generators in 2011. They design and produce only portable generators – inverter and conventional models. These generators are manufactured in their Colombus, Ohio facility. The Westinghouse range of generators produces power for different requirements ranging from 1,200 watts to 9,500 watts.
Whether for use on an RV, camping, remote job sites or tailgating, their inverter generators are fully loaded with tons of advanced features which makes life easy. These include:
- Fuel saving technology which reduces engine speed as load is shed
- Very Quiet operation – lower than normal human conversation
- Inverter Technology which produces power with 3% THD that makes them safe for delicate electronics and microprocessors.
- Lightweight and ultra-portable
- Parallel Capability which makes it possible to pair 2 identical units for double power.
The conventional models are reliable and rugged workhorses, delivering up to 9,500 watts. They are best used in the homes as emergency power backup, at remote job locations, tailgating, camping and other recreational uses. Powered by long-lasting OHV Engine with Cast Iron Sleeve, they come with convenient features such as:
- Remote Start with Included Key Fob, Electric, and Recoil Start for hassle-free starting.
- Large Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge that gives longer running time.
- GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) to prevent potentially fatal electrocution
- 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V TwistLock Receptacle; all with rubber covers for added safety and to protect the outlets from the elements.
- Plug-and-Play: the units ship with all the kits and parts required to start it right away with minimal assembly.
- Solid Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine made with long-lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter to safeguard the engine.
- Dual fuel capabilities, allowing some models to be run readily on either gasoline or propane.
Most of the Westinghouse portable generators are EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant. They are backed by a 3-Year Warranty and supported by a nationwide Customer Service and Support Network. With all these features, the Westinghouse brand of generators still manages to remain affordable. This makes them some of the best portable generator deals in the market.