Yamaha portable generators are manufactured by Yamaha Motor Corporation. The company was established in 1955 in Japan with Genichi Kawakami as the first president. The firm offers a huge line up of product range which is enjoyed worldwide due to their trademark superior performance. We reveal our favorite Yamaha generator here.
- commuter vehicles,
- recreational vehicles,
- marine engines,
- small tractors,
- personal watercraft,
- electrically power-assisted bicycles,
- automobile engines,
- unmanned aerial vehicles,
- golf carts,
- power products,
- compact industrial robots,
- parts including apparel, helmets, musical instruments.
The Yamaha range of portable generators produce premium-quality reliable electric power for a variety of uses:
Outdoor work: due to their stable power generation and quiet operations, Yamaha generators are ideal for powering tools used for outdoor activities such as gardening, woodworking, construction, and mobile shops.
Recreational use: because of their compact size and silent operation, Yamaha generators works very well in leisurely pursuits like camping, fishing, hunting, tailgating and the likes.
Emergency: When mother nature decides to strike, Yamaha generators can provide steady backup power to carry all household appliances for long durations. Your household will continue to enjoy modern conveniences such as refrigerators, air conditioning, TVs, DVD players, etc completely unaffected by power outages.
Yamaha generators are produced in three broad configurations; Inverter, FW, and Standard.
Inverter: The Inverter type provides high-quality electricity with low total harmonic distortion using inverter technology which can also be used safely in sensitive electronic equipment and devices like personal computers with built-in microprocessors.
With the help of complex electronics, the engine speed is varied with any change in the load which makes the unit consume low amounts of fuel and run quieter. The inverter technology also allows for a compact design.
FW: Yamaha FW systems employ the use of Damper Windings or “Future Wave” to considerably reduce harmonic distortion thereby producing a much cleaner power than the “standard” generator types.
This makes them ideal for use to power equipment that does not work well with regular generators such as
- corded electric tools,
- power adjustable IH cooking ranges,
- motor-driven adjustable-speed machines (such as a pitching machine),
- and metal halide floodlights.
They are priced lower than inverter types despite the considerable reduction in harmonic distortion.
Standard: this is the regular type of portable generator. It doesn’t provide power that is as stable and clean as the inverter and FW types. However, it generally has larger power output, requires less maintenance and is the most affordable of the three.
Yamaha generators are noted for their abundance of state-of-the-art technology that promises high-level performance in the various applications that portable power is required and also makes them outstanding in usability, economy, and durability.
There is a wide range of Yamaha generator models available so that you can always find the right generator to fit any condition of use. Some of the innovative features that set Yamaha generators apart include:
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor that reduces noise levels to a lowly 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle adjusts the engine speed based on load which improves fuel economy and further reduces noise
- Patented Yamaha Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
Yamaha generators might not be the most affordable in the market, but they offer superior performance that is difficult to match.
Our Favorite Yamaha Portable Generator
The Yamaha EF2400iSHC can be either the perfect option for an RV or a smaller backup generator for the average consumer. It produces clean power in a unit that not only runs quietly and efficiently but is also highly portable.
- Safe for Computerized Appliances
- Easily Drains Gasoline for Storage
- Lightweight and Extremely Portable
- Incredibly Quiet Operation
- Produces Clean Power in Plenty
- Features Pulse Width Moderation
- Automatically Protects Itself from Low Oil Pressure
- CARB Compliant for Nationwide Use
- Motor Automatically Adjusts
- You Cannot Use the Yamaha EF2400iSHC with Another Unit