Honda’s contribution to improving lifestyles goes well beyond the automotive industry. Honda has been manufacturing power products since 1953. These products are low emission, fuel efficient and environmently-friendly. Honda power equipment is based on three units:
- Honda power equipment
- Honda Marine
- Honda engines
These products, specifically generators are assembled in Honda plants based in the United States and in other parts around the world.
Honda started making small engines to be used in power generation in 1953. Later in the year 1973, Honda introduced generators, tillers, and outboards in the United States. It was followed by the inclusion of power pumps in power equipment lineup in 1975. In 1979 lawn movers were introduced followed by snow blowers in 1983.
In 2015, Honda celebrated its success having reached the milestone of 40 million happy power equipment customers in the United States. Honda power equipment products are being assembled at 11 units around the world.
Honda manufactures generators that are designed for domestic, commercial and industrial purposes. Their power range varies from 1000 watts to 10,000 watts in capacity. Honda provides power backup equipment for the following environment.
- Recreational purposes
- Domestic use
Portable generators are available for recreational purposes, for example, camping and RV power. They help cover the requirements of outdoor events like concerts, racing, parties, tailgating, etc.
This has made Honda become official generator providers of
- Talladega Superspeedway,
- the EAA Air Venture Oshkosh to name a few.
Honda offers power outage solutions for domestic purposes too. They are installed to reduce the loss caused by lack of power supply.
Reliability and durability of Honda generators have made them a good option for workplaces as well. They provide on-site power solutions, in construction and in the rental industry. They have gained customer confidence and have been named ‘most preferred’ generator options in leading reader surveys. Honda generators come in the following series.
- Super quiet series: They make the portable generators product line. The power range varies from 1000 to 6500 watts. They have a super quiet feature to make them ideal for domestic use.
- Deluxe Series: these generators are designed for both general purpose and domestic needs. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts.
- Industrial series: this series of generators range from 3000 watts to 10,000 watts of industrial strength power. These power supply types of equipment are heavily in demand and are ranked #1 by rental and construction companies. These generators have a great reputation with 3 years commercial use warranty.
- Economy Series: this series offer a range of generators ideal for domestic and commercial use. They follow a no-frills approach to fulfill power requirements. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts. This product lineup works to deliver both reliability and cost saving.
Honda generators are reliable, fuel efficient, quiet, and portable and ensure consistent delivery of clean power. They incorporate technology such as the inverter, cyclo-converter, DVR and iAVR voltage regulating systems. Newer models of generators incorporate inverter technology that enables stable and clean power generation.