Honda’s contribution to improving lifestyles goes well beyond the automotive industry. Honda has been manufacturing power products since 1953. These products are low emission, fuel efficient and environmentally-friendly. Honda power equipment is based on three units:
- Honda power equipment
- Honda Marine
- Honda engines
These products, specifically generators are assembled in Honda plants based in the United States and in other places around the world.
|Run Time||8 hours||14 hours (50%)|
|< Read Our Summary >||< Read Our Summary >|
Honda started making small engines to be used in power generation in 1953. Later in the year 1973, Honda introduced generators, tillers, and outboards in the United States. It was followed by the inclusion of power pumps in power equipment lineup in 1975. In 1979 lawn movers were introduced followed by snow blowers in 1983.
In 2015, Honda celebrated its success having reached the milestone of 40 million happy power equipment customers in the United States. Honda power equipment products are being assembled at 11 factories around the world.
Honda manufactures generators that are designed for domestic, commercial and industrial purposes. Their power range varies from 1000 watts to 10,000 watts in capacity. Honda provides power backup equipment for the following environment.
- Recreational purposes
- Domestic use
This has made Honda become official generator providers of
- Talladega Superspeedway,
- the EAA Air Venture Oshkosh to name a few.
Honda offers power outage solutions for domestic purposes too. They are installed to reduce the loss caused by lack of power supply.
Reliability and durability of Honda generators have made them a good option for workplaces as well. They provide on-site power solutions, in construction and in the rental industry. They have gained customer confidence and have been named ‘most preferred’ generator options in leading reader surveys. Honda generators come in the following series.
- Super quiet series: The power range varies from 1000 to 6500 watts. They have a super quiet feature to make them ideal for domestic use.
- Deluxe Series: these generators are designed for both general purpose and domestic needs. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts.
- Industrial series: this series of generators range from 3000 watts to 10,000 watts of industrial strength power. These power supply types of equipment are heavily in demand and are ranked #1 by rental and construction companies. These generators have a great reputation with 3 years commercial use warranty.
- Economy Series: this series offer a range of generators ideal for domestic and commercial use. They follow a no-frills approach to fulfill power requirements. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts. This product lineup works to deliver both reliability and cost saving.
Honda generators are reliable, fuel efficient, quiet, and portable and ensure consistent delivery of clean power. They incorporate technology such as the inverter, cyclo-converter, DVR and iAVR voltage regulating systems. Newer models of generators incorporate inverter technology that enables stable and clean power generation.
97 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
The new model is much the same as the previous model however it has an extra 200 Watts of output, to provide you with extra power. It is still an excellent generator and worth our recommendation.
- Incredibly lightweight and portable generator
- Easy to use and operate
- It runs very quietly
- Fuel efficient; a single gallon of gas can keep it running for up to 8 hours.
- Honda brand is known for reliability and durability.
- It is pricey
- 2200 Watts may not be enough power
- Not CARB compliant
4 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
The Honda 660530 5000Watt Portable Generator is a reliable, rugged, durable and highly dependable portable generator from the stable of the Honda Brand whose name has become synonymous with exceptional quality and value.
It exclusively features the cutting edge iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) Technology which produces a steady voltage, no matter the load, to keep sensitive devices protected. The innovative iGXX390 commercial grade engine generates solid power with less noise, great fuel economy and less emissions.
- Easy electric start
- iAVR to safely power sensitive devices
- Large capacity fuel tank for extended run time
- Powerful starting and running output
- Low oil automatic shut-off for engine protection
- Excellent Value
- Excellent reliability and durability
- CARB Compliant