Honda’s contribution to improving lifestyles goes well beyond the automotive industry. Honda generators are amongst the best in the world. See below to find out we regard as the best Honda brand generator.
Honda has been manufacturing power products since 1953. These products are low emission, fuel efficient and environmentally-friendly. Honda power equipment is based on three units:
- Honda power equipment
- Honda Marine
- Honda engines
These products, specifically generators are assembled in Honda plants based in the United States and in other places around the world.
|Run Time||11 Hours (50% load)||20 Hours (25% load)||18 Hours (25% load)|
|Start||Electric Start||Electric Start||Electric and Recoil|
Our Favorite Honda Generators
The Honda 660530 5000Watt Portable Generator is a reliable, rugged, durable and highly dependable portable generator from the stable of the Honda Brand whose name has become synonymous with exceptional quality and value.
It exclusively features the cutting edge iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) Technology which produces a steady voltage, no matter the load, to keep sensitive devices protected. The innovative iGXX390 commercial grade engine generates solid power with less noise, great fuel economy and less emissions.
Honda 660530 5000W Portable Generator
|Fuel Type :||Gas|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||6.2 gallons|
|Run Time at 50% Load:||11.2 hours|
|Weight :||232 lb. (105 kg)|
- Easy electric start
- Large capacity fuel tank for extended run time
- Powerful starting and running output
- CARB Compliant
It has an eco-trottle feature, which makes it very fuel efficient and can run up to 20 hours on 3.4 gallon of fuel.
The Honda EU3000IS produces clean and stable power, so it can charge mobiles, tablets and other sensitive devices. It is parallel compatible, which means that you can use it with a second EU1000iS and generate 6000 Watts.
Honda EU3000IS Portable Generator
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||3.4 gal.|
|Run Time at 25% Load:||Up to 20 hrs|
|Weight :||144 lbs. (65 kg)|
- Very Quiet Operation
- Excellent Fuel Efficiency
- Produces Safe and Clean Power
- Not CARB Compliant
The Honda EM5000SX is a powerful generator that you can use for your RV, at a job site, as home emergency power, camping and other activities. It boasts 7,000 peak Watts and 5,500 running Watts.
It is also fuel efficient and can run between 6-18 hours on a single tank depending on the load. It has a LED display, so you can monitor the power status of the generator.
It has a very quiet operation, at 52 to 58 dbA. Has electric start button as well as recoil start.
Honda EU7000is Portable Generator
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||5.1 gal.|
|Run Time at 25% Load:||Up to 18 hrs|
|Weight :||260 lbs. (118 kg)|
- Powerful and Fuel Efficient
- Very Quiet Operation
- Parallel ready
- Heavy: weights 262 pounds
The Honda EU1000i boasts a range of features that contribute to its efficiency, reliability, and convenience:
This generator features a modern and convenient design. Weighing only 29 pounds, it is perhaps one of the lightest generators on the market. Combine that with its comfortable ergonomics, and you have a unit that you can easily carry anywhere you want.
The EU1000i measures 17.7 x 9.4 x 15 inches. The compact dimensions make it easy to store. You can conveniently place it in your workshop, garage, or car trunk.
Pros and Cons
- Clean and stable power for sensitive appliances, thanks to the built-in inverter
- Compact dimensions allow for easy storage
- Lightweight, ensuring easy mobility
- Impressive fuel efficiency, thanks to the eco-throttle system
- Doesn’t deliver very high wattage
Honda started making small engines to be used in power generation in 1953. Later in the year 1973, Honda introduced generators, tillers, and outboards in the United States. It was followed by the inclusion of power pumps in power equipment lineup in 1975. In 1979 lawn movers were introduced followed by snow blowers in 1983.
In 2015, Honda celebrated its success having reached the milestone of 40 million happy power equipment customers in the United States. Honda power equipment products are being assembled at 11 factories around the world.
Honda manufactures generators that are designed for domestic, commercial and industrial purposes. Their power range varies from 1000 watts to 10,000 watts in capacity. Honda provides power backup equipment for the following environment.
- Recreational purposes
- Domestic use
This has made Honda become official generator providers of
- Talladega Superspeedway,
- the EAA Air Venture Oshkosh to name a few.
Honda offers power outage solutions for domestic purposes too. They are installed to reduce the loss caused by lack of power supply.
Reliability and durability of Honda generators have made them a good option for workplaces as well. They provide on-site power solutions, in construction and in the rental industry. They have gained customer confidence and have been named ‘most preferred’ generator options in leading reader surveys. Honda generators come in the following series.
- Super quiet series: The power range varies from 1000 to 6500 watts. They have a super quiet feature to make them ideal for domestic use.
- Deluxe Series: these generators are designed for both general purpose and domestic needs. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts.
- Industrial series: this series of generators range from 3000 watts to 10,000 watts of industrial strength power. These power supply types of equipment are heavily in demand and are ranked #1 by rental and construction companies. These generators have a great reputation with 3 years commercial use warranty.
- Economy Series: this series offer a range of generators ideal for domestic and commercial use. They follow a no-frills approach to fulfil power requirements. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts. This product lineup works to deliver both reliability and cost saving.
Honda generators are reliable, fuel efficient, quiet, and portable and ensure consistent delivery of clean power. They incorporate technology such as the inverter, cycloconverter, DVR and iAVR voltage regulating systems. Newer models of generators incorporate inverter technology that enables stable and clean power generation.
Our #1 Recommended Honda Generator is…
If you’re looking for a powerful and reliable generator, with good fuel economy: a single gallon of gas can keep it running for up to 11.2 hours, then the Honda EM5000SX is a great option to consider.