The compact Westinghouse WH2200iXLT gasoline powered Portable Inverter Generator delivers an astounding 2,200-watt peak power and 1,800-watt running power incompatible with its small size. Designed with lots of advanced, innovative features, this portable inverter generator powers your most sensitive devices without compromising their safety. It’s well suited for a variety of situations, especially where quiet, clean, steady and ultraportable power is most desired.
This generator was unavailable for a time – it is now available however in limited numbers (June 2020 Update).
Key Features and Benefits
- Lightweight and Portable: the WH2200iXLT weighs in at 43pounds- about the same as a bulky suitcase. The built in carrying handle completes its ultra-portable profile making it easy to stuff in the back seat of your family car for a weekend in the outdoors.
- Fuel Efficient: the advanced inverter technology ensures this unit is quite frugal with gas. It boasts an impressive 13 hour run time at 25% load on a 1.3-gallon tank. It features an “efficiency mode” which cuts back on engine speed as load is shed thereby further reducing consumption.
- Parallel Capable: sometimes, 1,800 watts won’t just be enough. The WH2200iXLT got you covered. It can be paired with another unit with the Westinghouse Inverter Parallel cord (sold separately) for a solid 3,600 watts of clean power.
- Quiet Operation: The WH2200iXLT runs at a quiet 52dB at 25% load. This is quieter than normal conversation, making it ideal for use when camping and other activities that relative silence is required.
- Safe Power: this portable inverter generator produces power with less than 3% total harmonic distortion, making it safe for sensitive electronic devices like laptop and phone chargers.
- Very quiet operation
- Extremely fuel efficient
- Compact and lightweight
- Low THD for safe clean power
- Parallel capable
- Low oil automatic shut-off for engine protection
- CARB compliant
- Low oil sensor tends to develop faults
|Running Watts:||1800 Watts|
|Starting Watts:||2200 Watts|
|Outlet:||Two 5-20R 20A 120V Outlets; One 12V DC Outlet (Car Charger Style)|
|Sound Levels (dBA):||52 dB|
|Recommended Oil:||SAE 15W-40 Oil|
|Low Oil Shutdown:||Yes|
|Fuel Type:||Gasoline Only|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||1.3 Gallons|
|Run Time at 25% Load (hrs.):||13 Hours|
|Wheel Kit Included:||Yes|
|Warranty:||3 Year Warranty & Lifetime Technical Support|
|Length:||20.3 in. (515.62 mm)|
|Width:||12.5 in. (317.5 mm)|
|Height:||17.8 in. (452.12 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||43 lb. (20 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||49 lb. (22 kg)|
Best suited for…
The WH2200iXLT is perfect for camping because of its very silent operation. It’s also ideal for use as an emergency power back-up for homes especially as it produces clean power which will protect your electronics
Reasons to buy the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT
This generator offers great value for money. It costs about half the price of a similarly rated Honda while offering similar features and capabilities.
The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is an affordable Portable Inverter Generator that is very fuel efficient, quiet, portable and reliable. It has performed creditably well as a power source for projects around the house, camping, tailgating, and emergency backup among other uses. Overall, this unit is a great deal.