309 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
- RV Ready: The Champion Power 3800-Watt Portable Generator is designed with your RV in mind. Fitted with a standard 30A RV outlet, it can easily start and run your 15,000 BTU RV Air Conditioner.
- Dual Fuel: with this portable generator, you have the luxury of choosing to run it with either GAS or PROPANE. It comes with an inbuilt propane inlet and doesn’t require additional configuration.
- Touch Start: it features a push-button electric start for super easy starting. This convenience is powered by an included battery and battery charger to charge it while the generator runs.
- Cold Start technology: this optimizes the unit to make starting it up in freezing weather a breeze.
- Portable: with sturdy steel folding handle and never-flat tires, the Champion 3800 is ready to go with you anywhere your wanderlust leads you to.
- Volt Guard Technology: it has a built-in Volt Guard surge protector to prevent overloads and protect your sensitive devices from voltage spikes and power surges.
Pros and Cons
- RV ready
- Starts easily
- Powerful and reliable
- Multiple VoltGuard Protected outlets
- Gas or Propane-fueled
- CARB compliant in 50 states
- Excellent ChampionTechnical support.
- Not so quiet
What People Who Bought The Champion 3800-Watt Love About It
“I purchased this unit as part of the preparations for “hurricane” Erika that was heading our way. It started instantly on propane. I switched to gasoline, and it also fired up immediately. I ran it just long enough for the first oil change (it has a meter that counts runtime ). It starts up and runs a 10,000 BTU window unit and fridge. Unit arrived in 2 days in excellent condition. A little assembly was required to attach wheel kit, handle, and battery hook-up). Despite its size, I can lift the unit. It only weighs a 100 pounds unlike other units the same size.
Update, one year later (2016) after hurricane Matthew:
- Propane stays the same when stored for long periods of time. Get a 30 lb bottle from Amazon as I did. Yeah, you cant tell.
- If like me, you don’t run the unit long enough to keep the starting battery charged, this unit starts up easier with propane and will often require just two pulls.
- Still happy with this purchase, it runs a 10,000 BTU window unit, the fridge, and plenty juice left over to run the TV, modem, lights, router, etc.”
“Truly a Champion…
delivery was fast, assembly was very easy, and it started up right out of the box on propane. It ran a good 11+ hours on a medium load(AC-TV-PS4-Microwave) 10-gallon tank. No issues. I have been running it alternately with gasoline or propane and performed maintenance regularly. It has run for 275+ hours without a hiccup. Just service it, and it’s your machine! Would definitely buy from Champion again.
almost at 2,000 hrs of daily use and no issues at all. I have been consistent with the maintenance schedule, and it runs great.
The company I work for bought 2 generators made by known names and one of them began to rust within 48 hours. The other one has rubber hoses and tubes that were starting to rot . none were used more than 8 hours, and that was even to test them since the plan was to use them for emergency purposes.
Why don’t you just buy a Champion and save yourself all these hassles and worry?
I would definitely buy again..”
“hurricane Irma visited us a few days ago…
I had bought this Champion 4700/3800 since last year but left it unpacked from the box till the day Irma was expected to arrive. My son set it up for use in 15mins, Filled it with the oil that came with it and added gas. it started instantly.
When the power eventually went out, I connected 2 refrigerators, 2 freezers, a fan, 2 TVs & DVR, a heat lamp for 30 baby chicks, 2 indoor lamps, coffee maker and waffle iron.
And it still had more juice to spare…
This generator ran continuously for 4 days without missing a beat till we regained power. It really did make life easier.
Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel
|Engine Brand:||Champion Power Equipment|
|Engine Type OHV:||224cc Champion single-cylinder OHV engine|
|Starting Watts:||4,750 Watts|
|Running Watts:||3,800 Watt|
|Peak Amps:||30 amps|
|Running Amps:||30 amps|
|Outlet:||120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges|
|Sound Levels (dBA):||68dBA from 23 ft|
|Recommended Oil:||10W-30 Oil|
|Oil Capacity:||0.6 qt.|
|Low Oil Shutdown:||Yes|
|Fuel Type:||GAS or PROPANE|
|Fuel Shut Off:||Automatic|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||3.4 gallons|
|Fuel Efficient:||Up to 9 hrs|
|Overload Protection (circuit breaker):||Yes|
|Warranty:||Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support|
|Length:||22.8 in. (579.12 mm)|
|Width:||22 in. (558.8 mm)|
|Height:||30.7 in. (779.78 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||122 lb. (55.3 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||132.1 lb. (60 kg)|
Best Suited For…
With its portability, versatility and powerful output, the Champion 3800-watts Portable Generator is ideal for powering RVs, and as backup power to homes in an emergency.
Reasons To Buy
The Champion 3800-watts deliver outstanding value for its price. Powerful, reliable, and easy to start and use, it will provide stable power for your home in an emergency power outage to run lights, sump pump, refrigerator, modem/router, furnace blower, fan, TV/DVD, computer, smartphone/tablet charger, etc. Also, the dual fuel capability was a great hit with customers