166 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
Stylish and quiet, the GP2200i powers your outdoor activities without the disruptive noise generators are known for. This makes it suitable for hunting and camping trips, outdoor get-togethers and other pursuits that require clean unobtrusive power.
Key Features and Benefits
- Truepower Technology: This portable generator features the proprietary Truepower Technology which provides clean power free of voltage fluctuations making it ideal for your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Fuel Efficient: the GP2200i runs for 10.75 long hours at 25% load on a tiny 1.2-gallon fuel tank. The available economy mode, using advanced technology, further maximizes fuel usage by adjusting engine speed to match the load.
- Parallel Ready: this portable generator has a parallel kit (which is sold separately) that readily allows you to connect a second GP2200i for double power output.
- Super Quiet Operation: it features a totally enclosed design which helps reduce the noise. You can carry out a conversation normally within its vicinity. This makes it ideal for hunting and camping trips where minimal disturbance is desired.
- Portable: stylish and compact, the GP220i has a built-in handle and weighs only 46.6 lbs which makes it easy to carry with one hand- like a bulky suitcase.
- Easy to use: this portable inverter generator features an integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob which makes firing it up a breeze.
Pros and Cons
- Fuel Efficient
- Easy to start
- Clean stable power.
- Not CARB compliant
Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200W
|Engine Type :||TruePower Technology|
|Running Watts : ||1,700|
|Outlet:||USB Outlet & 12V DC Outlet|
|Sound Levels (dBA) :||Economy mode provides excellent fuel economy and noise reduction|
|Low Oil Shutdown :||Yes|
|Fuel Type :||Gas - Powered|
|Fuel Shut Off :||Automatic|
|Fuel Tank Capacity :||1.2 gallon|
|Run Time at 25% Load (hrs.) :||10.75 hours|
|Choke Type :||Automatic|
|Covered Outlets :||Yes|
|Overload Protection (circuit breaker) :||Yes|
|Canada CSA Compliant :||None|
|Muffler :||Quiet, Compact, Easy to use|
|Warranty :||2 years limited warranty|
|Length :||19.7 in. (500.38 mm)|
|Width:||11.4 in. (289.56 mm)|
|Height :||17.9 in. (454.66 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight :||46.6 lb. (21 kg)|
|Shipping Weight :||53 lb. (24 kg)|
Best suited for…
The GP2200i is designed to run quietly and will make a good power supply for campsites where minimum disturbance is ideal.
Reasons to buy
It is compact and powerful, easy to tote around and durable. Its lightweight design and quiet operation makes it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
Since 1959, Generac has earned a name for itself as one of the leading generator brands. The GP2200i is one of the best portable inverter generators in it class with its combination of advanced features and reliable performance. However, it’s priced slightly higher than most similarly rated brands except for the Briggs and Stratton.