130 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
Stylish and quiet, the GP2200i powers your outdoor activities without the disruptive noise generators are known for. This makes it suitable for hunting trips, outdoor get together and other pursuits that require clean unobtrusive power.
Key Features and Benefits
- Truepower Technology: This portable generator features the proprietary Truepower Technology which provides clean power free of voltage fluctuations making it ideal for your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Fuel Efficient: the GP2200i runs for 10.75 long hours at 25% load on a tiny 1.2-gallon fuel tank. The available economy mode, using advanced technology, further maximizes fuel usage by adjusting engine speed to match the load.
- Parallel Ready: this portable generator has a parallel kit (which is sold separately) that readily allows you to connect a second GP2200i for double power output.
- Super quiet Operations: it features a totally enclosed design which helps reduce the noise. You can carry out a conversation normally within its vicinity. This makes it ideal for hunting and camping trips where minimal disturbance is desired.
- Portable: stylish and compact, the GP220i has a built-in handle and weighs only 46.6 lbs which makes it easy to carry with one hand- like a bulky suitcase.
- Easy to use: this portable inverter generator features an integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob which makes firing it up a breeze.
Pros and Cons
- Fuel Efficient
- Easy to start
- Clean stable power.
- Not CARB compliant
What People Who Bought The Generac 7117 Love About It
“Great product. I bought it from Puerto Rico after Maria and this Generac give me 10.5 hours with the 1.2-gallon gas tank working a refrigerator, 3 fans, lights, TV and Directv box. Very quiet and easy to use.”
“Got us through the hurricanes of 2017 and was super quiet, we went to sleep with it on every night without issues. Very easy to start and run. Absolutely awesome product, will be buying a second one with the adapter.”
“I love this little generator. Perfect for my power needs and super quiet, was far less noisy than I expected. It took me a little time to understand my unit and its personal nature, it need to be choked for some time before turning the dial to running position, even when the generator has been running for a while and well up to temperature. After that it runs without fail.”
“I’m extremely pleased so far. Out of the box, it was easy to remove the side panel to add oil and get it ready to run. My model came with a bottle of Generac 10W30 oil (the correct amount for the crankcase) and a handy funnel that also serves to drain the oil. Remarkably, it started on the first pull after adding fuel, using the choke for only a few seconds. I was quite impressed with the quiet operation in both normal and “eco” modes. I plan on running one take of fuel through it and switching to a 10W30 full synthetic.
I tested several appliances/tools successfully: an energy star compliant side by side full size fridge and energy star chest freezer simultaneously (energy star rating matters a lot, as to whether these portable generators will start and run them), also tried a 1500-watt heater, 4-gallon air compressor…all successfully. I’ll try to update this review after some long-term use.
I researched many of the 2000 watt to 2200-watt portable inverter/generators and chose this one based on the extra 100 watts of running power over the 2000-watt models, even though this one is just a few db’s louder, while still being lighter than competing 2000/2200 watt options. it also has a slightly larger fuel tank, with a claimed 10 hours plus of runtime on eco which works well for situations that require clean minimal power for long periods.”
Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200W
|Engine Type :||TruePower Technology|
|Running Watts : ||1,700|
|Outlet:||USB Outlet & 12V DC Outlet|
|Sound Levels (dBA) :||Economy mode provides excellent fuel economy and noise reduction|
|Low Oil Shutdown :||Yes|
|Fuel Type :||Gas - Powered|
|Fuel Shut Off :||Automatic|
|Fuel Tank Capacity :||1.2 gallon|
|Run Time at 25% Load (hrs.) :||10.75 hours|
|Choke Type :||Automatic|
|Covered Outlets :||Yes|
|Overload Protection (circuit breaker) :||Yes|
|Canada CSA Compliant :||None|
|Muffler :||Quiet, Compact, Easy to use|
|Warranty :||2 years limited warranty|
|Length :||19.7 in. (500.38 mm)|
|Width:||11.4 in. (289.56 mm)|
|Height :||17.9 in. (454.66 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight :||46.6 lb. (21 kg)|
|Shipping Weight :||53 lb. (24 kg)|
Best suited for…
The GP2200i is designed to run quietly and will make a good power supply for campsites where minimum disturbance is ideal.
Reasons to buy
It is compact and powerful, easy to tote around and durable. Its lightweight design and quiet operation makes it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
Since 1959, Generac has earned a name for itself as one of the leading generator brands. the GP2200i is one of the best portable inverter generators in it class with its combination of advanced features and reliable performance. However, it’s priced slightly higher than most similarly rated brands except for the Briggs and Stratton.