13 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
Key Features and Benefits
- Powerful Engine/Output: the Generac 6672 is driven by the Generac’s 389cc OHV engine and delivers 5,500-watt of ready steady power that is more than adequate for most uses. The engine has a splash lubrication system which increases its life span. The included low-oil shutdown automatically safeguards the engine from damage.
- PowerDial™: the start, run and stop functions are combined into one simple-to-use knob which makes this unit easy and convenient to start and stop. The knob is in an accessible place and is particularly helpful in an emergency where you won’t have to fumble for different switches.
- Large-capacity fuel tank: it features a 6.7-gallon capacity fuel tank which lets it run for 11 hours at 50% load. The extended run time makes it ideal for use in emergency back-up power situations when gasoline might not be readily available.
- Rugged Build: this portable generator is enfolded in a sturdy 1-1/4-inch hardened steel tube cradle for added durability and strength. And because you could possibly put this unit under rugged working conditions, all the outlets are covered to protect them against the elements.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to assemble and use
- PowerDial™ conveniently lets you start and stop the generator quickly
- Large capacity fuel tank for extended run time
- Rugged build
- Powerful output
- Low oil automatic shut-off for engine protection
- A bit noisy
- Not CARB compliant
Generac 6672 5500W
|Engine Type OHV:||389cc OHV engine with splash lubrication|
|Ideal:||Easiest to start, open frame portable generator for home back-up use|
|Starting System:||Power Dial feature|
|Low Oil Shutdown:||Yes|
|Transfer Switch Ready:||Yes|
|Warranty:||2 years limited warranty|
|Length:||27 in. (685.8mm)|
|Width:||27.25 in. (692.15 mm)|
|Height:||25 in. (635 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||171.8 lb. (78 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||171.8 lb. (78 kg)|
Best suited for…
The 6672/5500W with its rugged feature and powerful output is best suited for powering work tools at construction sites. It’s also ideal for use as an emergency power back-up for homes though it’s not the quietest of generators.
Reasons to buy
This generator offers up all the features found in similarly rated portable generators. In addition, the rapid start PowerDial feature simplifies the start-up process by utilizing a single knob to start and stop the engine, open the fuel valve and adjust the choke. This quick start capability is a sure winner in any emergency.
The Generac 6672 5500W is a solid portable generator well suited for use in a variety of situations where rugged reliable power is required. The combination of easy start features, power, and affordability makes it a good deal