47 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
Key Features and Benefits
- Clean Power: this generator produces power with less than 1.5% total harmonic distortion, just as safe and reliable as the output from your home outlets. This makes it safe for running your computers, radio equipment, phone chargers and other sensitive devices.
- Lightweight and Portable: the Powerhorse generator is compact and weighs a light 52.2 lbs. A large, sturdy built-in handle further enhances the portability allowing you easy access to power while on the move.
- Engine Smart Control system: optimizes fuel efficiency by using just sufficient engine power to carry connected load. The engine speed is controlled with microprocessors to vary accordingly with the load demands on it.
- Quiet Operation: this unit is designed to run silently with a measured rating of 52dB. This is lower than normal conversation and will let you enjoy portable power without disturbing the neighbors or the environment.
- Parallel Ready: the Powerhorse generator can easily be connected to a similar unit with an included cable (free), to double the output power to 3,200-watts. This will be enough juice to power most home appliances simultaneously.
Pros and Cons
- Clean, safe power for sensitive devices
- Rugged and reliable engine
- Super fuel efficient with Engine Smart Controls
- Lightweight and portable
- Quiet operation
- CARB and EPA compliant
- 1,600-watts might be insufficient for most uses
What People Who Bought The Powerhorse Love About It
“I bought this generator to power my amateur radio station for portable operation. This Powerhorse inverter generator produces a very clean sine wave at 60 Hertz. Though, I hear a little static on the radio in receive mode which is likely caused by the spark plug since the scope trace is so clean. When transmitting, the receive station I was talking to say my signal was very clean. When the weather warms here in MN I plan to change out the spark plug with a resistor plug. I’ve been an amateur radio operator for 49 years and taught electronics and mechanics in high school for 29 yrs…”
“Very quiet!!! And easy to set up too! I wish I had bought two just for the parallel capability, but I didn’t need it right yet. It’s not that heavy and has a big handle. Definitely one of my best investments.”
“I bought this Powerhouse Generator at the last minute for Hurricane IRMA [and] I was lucky to get one as they were selling like hot cakes and only very few were left. I got home added oil, filled it with gas shortly after, the power went out in my neighbourhood in Florida. 4 days later, it’s still running strong and has powered the Refrigerator, Freezer, Battery Charger, iPhone and Laptop simultaneously! Great Generator, up to 6 hours on a full tank.”
|Running Watts:||1,600 Watt|
|Starting Watts:||2,000 Watts|
|Engine Type OHV:||Engine Smart Control system|
|Outlet:||Inverter Generator provides power as safe and reliable as you get from your home's electrical outlets.|
|Sound Levels (dBA):||52dB.|
|Low Oil Shutdown:||Yes|
|Fuel Type:||Gas Powered|
|Fuel Shut Off:||Automatic|
|Overload Protection (circuit breaker):||Yes|
|Compliant:||CARB- and EPA-compliant; can be sold in all 50 states|
|Spark Arrestor:||Yes - U.S. Forestry-approved spark arrestor|
|Length:||20.7 in. (525.78 mm)|
|Width:||19.4 in. (492.76 mm)|
|Height:||12.1 in. (307.34 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||52.2 lb. (24 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||52.2 lb. (24 kg)|
Best suited for…
Tailgating, camping, and powering tools on work sites. Also great for running and charging sensitive electronic devices
Reasons to buy
The Powerhorse Inverter Portable Generator offers lots of great features at a great price. It quietly powers your sensitive devices as safely and reliably as the normal output from your home mains.
The Powerhouse Portable Inverter Generator might not have the pedigree of more established brands, but it does offer a solid and cheaper alternative that easily rivals the known brands in terms of features and build quality.