The Honda EU200i 2000-watt Generator has been superseded by the new more powerful version Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator.
97 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
The new model is much the same as the previous model however it has an extra 200 Watts of output, to provide you with extra power. It is still an excellent generator and worth our recommendation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Super Quiet Operation: it is so quiet you forget you’re are using a portable generator. The EU2200i runs at 53 to 59 dBA sound levels which is less than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires unobtrusive power supply.
- Lightweight and Compact: the EU2200i is designed with advanced inverter technology to be incredibly light and portable. It weighs a slight 46 pounds and features a convenient carrying handle. Its small enough to fit in the family car for a trip to the countryside.
- Fuel Efficient: the EU2200i runs for up to 8.1 hrs on a single tank. Honda introduced an Eco Throttle system which adjusts engine speed to align with the load saving a whole lot of gas. This makes it ideal for use overnight.
- Advanced Inverter Technology: Honda’s inverter technology enables the unit to deliver clean, stable power devoid of harmful fluctuations. This means that you can use it to power computers, laptop and cell phone chargers and other sensitive electronic devices.
- Parallel Capability: found yourself in a situation where 2,200 watts is not enough? The EU2200i allows you to connect a second EU2200i for doubled power output. This is achieved with an optional cable which you can easily connect.
Pros and Cons
- Incredibly lightweight and portable generator
- Easy to use and operate
- It runs very quietly
- Fuel efficient; a single gallon of gas can keep it running for up to 8 hours.
- Honda brand is known for reliability and durability.
- It is pricey
- 2200 Watts may not be enough power
- Not CARB compliant
|Wattage:||2200 watts, 120V|
|Ideal:||TV/DVD, satellite, fridge, coffee pot, and more|
|Outlet:||120V 2000W max. (16.7A) 1600W rated (13.3A)|
|Fuel Type :||Gas|
|Fuel Tank Capacity :||1 gal.|
|Fuel Efficient:||Up to 8.1 hrs|
|Canada CSA Compliant:||No|
|Warranty:||3-year limited warranty|
|Length:||20.1 inches (510.54)|
|Width:||11.4 inches (289.56 mm)|
|Height :||16.7 inches (424.18 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight :||45.6 lbs. (21 kg)|
|Shipping Weight :||50.5 lbs (23 kg)|
Best suited for…
The Honda EU2200i is a perfect choice for camping and any other location that quiet power is desired.
Reasons to buy
The Honda EU2200i is a compact, lightweight generator that features advanced inverter technology for a clean stable power which is suitable for sensitive electronic devices and appliances.
The Honda EU2200i is a reliable portable inverter generator from the renowned Honda brand. It is loaded with lots of advanced features that gives you smooth, clean power for your appliance while running at premium efficiency.
It has lots of amazing reviews, people just love this generator. It would be my all time pick as number 1, but it is not CARB compliant. Today, that probably doesn’t matter, unless you are in California, but it may be a problem in the future. I am keeping an eye out for a similar product from Honda that is CARB compliant and I will keep you informed.
It is pricey but you get what you pay for, years of fantastic service.