3 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
It exclusively features the cutting edge iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) Technology which produces a steady voltage, no matter the load, to keep sensitive devices protected. The innovative iGXX390 commercial grade engine generates solid power with less noise, great fuel economy and less emissions.
- Excellent Fuel Efficiency:the innovative overhead valve technology makes the engine run more efficiently. The generator can run on a single tank of 6.6-gallon fuel for 14-hours at 50% load. Now this is a great feature to have during power outages due to natural disasters where gas might not readily be accessible.
- Advanced iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology: this high-tech feature enables the Honda to maintain a steady voltage output independent of the load on it. This helps keep sensitive electronics safe.
- Surge Power: this unit pumps out a huge 7,000 watts for 10 seconds after start-up to power up larger power-hungry equipment and appliances.
- Powerful and Reliable Engine: the 389cc advanced Honda iGX390 commercial grade engine is engineered for better fuel economy, durability, reduced emissions and more power.
- Electric Start: the 660530 comes with an easy electric start (battery included) for extra convenience. There is also the standard recoil start for backup.
- Extended run time: this portable generator’s fuel tank capacity is 6.2 gallons and it will run for up to 11.2 Hours on a full tank at 50% load. This makes it ideal for overnight usage.
Pros and Cons
- Easy electric start
- iAVR to safely power sensitive devices
- Large capacity fuel tank for extended run time
- Powerful starting and running output
- Low oil automatic shut-off for engine protection
- Excellent Value
- Excellent reliability and durability
- CARB Compliant
What People Who Bought The Honda 660530 Love About It
“I have owned this generator for about 13 years. Purchased after Hurricane Charley, it’s connected to the house through a transfer switch. Great unit. I powered the (4550-watt hot water heater only), for about 20 minutes, then the Fridge, Window A/C, TV and lights. 5 gallons of gas lasts around 12 hours. I do not use it through the night to rest it since we don’t really need it to sleep.”
“Started easily with both the key start and pull start. The wheel kit made it very easy to move around. It lasts for 9 to 15 hours and I’ve ran it continuously for 9 days.
“This generator is everything I expected from Honda and more! I had several technical questions about this generator and Honda’s customer service tech was very informative on all my questions. (which doesn’t happen with most competitors’ customer service). I loaded up the generator and the voltage did not fluctuate at all. I haven’t used it for a very long time to make a comment about its performance over time, but because it’s a Honda, I’m quite certain that it will last for very long time without issues.
Honda 5000W Carb
|Running Watts:||5,000 Watt|
|Starting Watts:||7,000 Watts|
|Ideal:||Tailgating, camping, power tool use, and emergency home backup power|
|Outlet:||120/240V selector switch for larger appliances with higher wattage requirements|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR):||Yes - Advanced iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator)|
|Wheel Kit Included:||Yes|
|Length||41.1 in. (1044 mm)|
|Width:||27.8 in. (706.12 mm)|
|Height:||30.5 in. (774.7 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||232 lb. (105 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||232 lb. (105 kg)|
Best suited for…
The Honda 660530 is good for home back-up power and for powering equipment and tools at jobsites.
Reasons to buy
This generator is packed with advanced features which ensure optimal performance. Going by Honda’s track record of superior engineering, we are confident that this unit will last many years of active usage.
The Honda 660530 is a true representative of the Honda brand- reliable, durable, easy to use, powerful and advanced. It held up remarkably well under our intense scrutiny and there was really nothing to complain about.