381 customer reviewsClick To Read Reviews
The Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 PowerSmart Series is a lightweight and portable Inverter Generator that lets you enjoy all the conveniences of modern living while in the wild outdoors. Whether it’s used for camping, tailgating or powering DIY tools, the 30651 P22000 delivers steady and quiet power using advanced inverter technology.
Better portability is ensured by the innovative H-handle design which makes the unit conveniently easy to carry by 1 or 2 people.
Key Features and Benefits
- Clean and Stable Power: using cutting edge inverter technology, the 30651 P2200 produces a clean and steady 1,700-watts of running power with less than 3% total harmonic distortion. This makes it safe for use with sensitive electronics like smartphones and laptops.
- Quiet Power Technology: this feature will automatically adjust engine speed to match the applied load, thus reducing noise, saving fuel and running longer. This unit runs at a quiet 59 decibels at 25% load which is quieter than a normal conversation.
- Easy-Carrying Design: This portable inverter generator has an innovative H-handle which makes it easy for 1 or 2 persons to carry it. Combined with the 55lbs weight, the 30651 P2200 is readily portable.
- Parallel Ready: the 30651 P2200 comes with a dedicated parallel connector port which allows you to easily connect 2 PowerSmart Series inverter generators together for more power.
Pros and Cons
- Clean and stable power for sensitive devices
- Long running time
- Fuel efficient with auto-idle control feature
- Lightweight and portable
- Quiet operation
- 1,700-watts might be insufficient for most uses
- Non-CARB compliant
- Difficult to start; requires at least three pulls on the recoil
- Long term reliability issues
Briggs & Stratton 30651
|Engine Brand:||Briggs and Stratton Power Products|
|Engine Type OHV :||Quiet and fuel efficient 111 cc OHV engine|
|Ideal:||Produces less than 3% total harmonic distortion making it safe for laptop computers, TVs and game systems|
|Running Watts:||1,700 Watt|
|Starting Watts:||2,000 Watts|
|Outlet:||(2) 120V Household Outlets, (1) 12V-5A, DC Outlet with USB Adapter, and (1) Parallel Port|
|Engine Displacement:||111 cc|
|Sound Levels (dBA):||59dB|
|Fuel Type:||Gas Powered|
|Run Time at 25% Load (hrs.):||8 hrs.|
|Canada CSA Compliant:||No|
|Muffler:||Sound levels may vary based on proximity and location; measured at ¼ load at 7 meters from control panel side|
|Warranty: Commercial||24-Months Consumer / 12-Months|
|Length:||22.4 in. (568.96 mm)|
|Width:||14.4 in. (365.76 mm)|
|Height:||19.9 in. (505.46 mm)|
|Dry Unit Weight:||55 lb. (25 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||60 lb. (27 kg)|
Best suited for…
Most outdoor activities- tailgating, camping, and powering tools on job sites. It’s best parallel-connected with a similar unit for home back-up use and can safely charge your smartphones and computers.
Reasons to buy
From the smart H-handle and lightweight design to the fuel-efficient engine, the B & S 30651 P2200 PowerSmart Series Portable Inverter Generator offers lots of features which makes it a ready solution to outdoor power needs. However, you might have a second thought due to reported reliability issues from long-time users.
Briggs and Stratton have built a solid reputation over the years for excellent products. Unfortunately, the 30651 P2200 has not lived up to expectations. Users have reported cases of the engine going off while in operation for no reason, difficulty in starting, and lots of reliability issues.